Or… the reasons why I don’t get a shopping cart at Ross’s, if I can’t carry it, I can’t buy it.
(1) Glass beverage dispenser, you know, the big glass ones with some sort of citrus floating around it, just like the spa. In my fantasy world, I have a huge summer soiree where I’ll serve fresh squeezed lemonade while wearing a chic strappy maxi dress. In my real life, I’m usually at home, alone, drinking out of a can and wearing gym shorts.
(2) Crystal whiskey decanter, which makes no sense because I don’t drink much and hate whisky. I blame my attraction to decanters on Mad Men. Mad Men is also responsible for the time I waste perusing silver rimmed glasses on Etsy.
(3) Mini ice bucket with tongs, usually used with whiskey (on the rocks baby). See number 2.
(4) Hurricanes, these super tall candle holder thingies are always so beautiful and elegant looking. But if I have a blackout, I’m more likely to use my lantern/flashlight combo. I’m also super paranoid about fire so romantic candlelight is out of the question. Even my tealights are LED.
(5) Big wooden or metal letters and words. As an avid reader and writer, I love words, letters, fonts. But, I’ve already got an “Inspire” and a “Eat Write Pray” in my home so I’m not allowed any more, that’s it, I’ve hit my limit. I don’t want my visitors to be overwhelmed by verbage or the alphabet when sitting on my couch.