I do read them all, eventually, and am pretty good about getting them out of the must read pile when I’m pau but I never throw them away. I donate, give away or reuse…
- Donate your stack to the Friends of the Library.
- Drop off those fashion mags at your doctor’s office (the other patients will thank you, profusely).
- Give the best ones to someone you love.
- Wrap presents with the prettiest pages (this holiday post on my Santa moment was one of my favorites).
- Hide the embarrassing contents of those unsightly plastic drawers you have in the bathroom. (I usually just fold a cool page to fit the front of the drawer and stick it in, no taping or gluing necessary.) See pic above.
- Fold or roll up colorful pages and glue to a mirror or picture frame (I confess I don’t know how to do this but I do have a mirror in my walk in with a frame made of folded up magazines that I bought at Pictures Plus, one of the coolest things I own. I did find a similar how to post for you from Home Made Simple.)
- Make a really cool envelope.
- Pin your favorite images to a mood board to inspire creativity, fitness goals or outfit ideas.
- Decoupage a jewelry box, table, tray…whateva floats your crafty boat.
- Professionally frame that Vogue or Newsweek cover that speaks volumes to you.
How do you make use of your old magazines?