Are you a fan of the Bravo network? Most of my reality tv watching history has been with Bravo beginning with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. I later moved on to Project Runway, Top Chef and Rachel Zoe. Flipping Out, Miami Social and Shear Genius once graced my DVR. Millon Dollar Listing New York is still on my must record list while Gallery Girls and Start Ups: Silicon Valley were disappointing at best. I’m embarrassed to admit that until a year ago, I’d likely watched each and every Real Housewives series.
I don’t watch nearly as much Bravo as I once did. It used to be an escape for me but I’ve changed. My free time is spent writing and learning about photography, design and art. I’ve also rediscovered the hourlong tv drama. When I do curl up in bed with the boob tube, I’m more inclined to be absorbed in Scandal, House of Cards, Smash, Nikita or Chicago Fire. Bravo is still one of the first clicks of the remote when I’m having a I’m bored or cooking moment and need a random show to watch but my DVR is relatively Bravo free.
Could there ever be a MauiShopGirl show? Well, Bravo hasn’t come calling and this is pure speculation but I think I know why:
- There are no jeweled tunics or colorful satin cocktail dresses in my closet. Jersey maxis, black Ts and flats is how I roll.
- I couldn’t make a proper amuse bouche or coconut foam if my life depended on it.
- The accounting profession puts a roof over my head, food on my table and would be incredibly boring to watch on film.
- The MauiShopGirl camp doesn’t include a plastic surgeon, publicist or personal assistant.
- My life could be in complete shambles but that would never overshadow a friend’s special moment or event.
- If I had a million dollars I wouldn’t spend it on decorating. Well, maybe not ALL of it, I do really want an Eames recliner and a big porch with Christmas lights and a hot tub.
- Calling another woman trash, slut or pig is unthinkable to me.
- I can’t sew, paint or run a hair salon.
- Keeping up appearances, with the Joneses and climbing the social ladder is of little importance.
- The pitch of a chubby blogger with messy hair, advanced excel skills and zero drama is a tough sell.