Browsing through my instagram shots as yet another month comes to a close, I am reminded of the people I spent time with, places I went, personal accomplishments and how grateful I am to be able to see beauty in the everyday.
Here’s a rundown of my month of May…
- I’ve been eating much healthier. I ate a ton of greens, mushrooms, eggplant and berries while increasing my lean proteins and cutting back on my servings of refined carbs. I also increased my exercise. A medication I was taking is finally coming out of my system. As a result of all these efforts, the scale is finally moving downward.
- Sharing a meal is my favorite way to spend time with loved ones and I did just that in May at Sansei, Star Noodle and North Shore Cafe.
- Brown bagged it to work more days than not and I didn’t spend on housewares, stationery or reading materials. I did however score a big FAIL on spending on clothing and jewelry including purchases at the Betsey Johnson boutique closeout sales. In the upcoming month of June I’ll set a budget and stick to it.
- I was so flattered to be asked to write a guest blog post for Expandng. Lisa Ng and I have become great bloggy/tweety/IG friends. Lisa is a beginner photographer (but several years ahead of me) and a momma of a beautiful boy. During May she has been hosting a great series of guest blog posts. From blogging tips to great backstories, I’ve enjoyed each and every one.
- I chopped off 7+ inches of my hair; my locks are now chin length with lots of layers.
- The time has come…for reading glasses. Picked up two pairs that hopefully scream sexy librarian and not old lady. Now I can read labels and small font reports again.
- May is such a beautiful time in Hawaii. The days are getting longer which means pau hana workouts can be in the great outdoors. The plumeria trees are blooming!
- We spent a wonderful Mother’s Day indulging in Mexican food. (I think my mom also enjoyed her pansy orchid and chambray button down too from yours truly!)