This week’s photo challenge is to capture the joy of quitting time, pau hana. How do you spend your pau hana? Some break a sweat at the gym while others enjoy a cocktail with friends. If you live on the south side of Maui, the Wailea beach walk is a must…
There is a path that winds between the beaches of Wailea and the luxury resorts. This is my favorite sunset walk on Maui No Ka Oi. My images aren’t perfect but I love that they have a soft feel. I’m finding that I am drawn to photos that are a bit overexposed with a soft feel versus the very sharp images.
What I learned this week:
Plan – shoot a few in full light and head home before sunset
Reality – get obsessed with shooting for HOURS
[(Low light = super slow shutter speed) + chai tea shakes] = missed photo op due to blur
Did you join me in this week’s photo challenge? Please add your link by clicking on the cute froggie button at the bottom of this post. It will take a short bit for your thumbnail to appear. Make sure to copy and paste the url for your peaceful post (not your home page) so our readers can go directly to this week’s post. You can add your link until Tuesday, September 25th, 2012. Remember to hop on over to other participants’ links too (this is a party y’all). Also check out next week’s prompt at the bottom of the post.
Mahalo Nui Loa for taking the time to read this post and for joining my linky party!
Da 411 on Just Another Photo Challenge
Each Wednesday I’ll post a prompt for the upcoming week. On the following hump day, I’ll post my pic and give you an opportunity to post a link up to your blog. Here’s the short list of the guidelines if you’d like to join me and party hardy photog style.
- Shoot with anything you desire that has a camera. This can be your phone, instax, holga, dslr…whatever turns you on. They say the best camera is the one that you have with you. I’m going to use my dslr but also plan to play with iphoneography too.
- The prompt is a suggestion that is 100% open to interpretation.
- Post your link here to the specific post page to make it easy for everyone hopping over to your blog.
- Hop on over and check out your fellow participants’ posts.
- Your post does not have to be titled just another photo challenge (unless you want it to be). If your image inspires you to write about something you love, been meaning to blog about or that’s on your mind, go with it. If you’d like to do an almost wordless Wednesday, feel free. It’s up to you my friend.
- Check out next week’s prompt and get ready, get set….shoot!
The prompt for next week is:
A Bunch of ……