Happy summer solstice!
I had a wonderful time in June…
- Participated in Fat Mum Slim’s Photo A Day challenge again. July’s prompts are up! Click here and join the fun. Also read this great post by the Australian blogger behind the challenge, Chantelle, on how Photo A Day can bring more joy to your life.
- Got my grindz on at Ko at the Fairmont Kealani (fine dining with a distinctive Maui flair and focus on healthy eating) and Kihei Caffe (breakfast). Also turned one year older (ugh) and found some long lost vintage hula 45s. See my post and yummy food pics here.
- Took a one week vacay and used my time well. Took not one, but two photography classes, visited some beautiful retail spots and finally treated myself to Wailuku Coffee Company. Stay tuned this week for a post on the differences between the two instructors for my photo classes and why it was beneficial for me to take two beginning digital photography courses.
- Watched some great films at the Maui Film Festival, bought some cute maxi-skirts and obsessed over jellyfish graphics.
Your favorite posts this month…
- My take on da shopping party and my haul from iAdore’s June event.
- My recipe for an unhappy life. I was surprised this post resonated with so many of you. I was uneasy about posting it as it was a bit more of a pissy tone than usual for MauiShopGirl. It was a piece that had rattled around in my head for some thing and was something I HAD to write for myself but wasn’t so sure I should share it.
- The search for a cute everyday DSLR bag. This is an oldie but goodie review post of bags that you can carry your DSLR to work, shopping or out with the girls and not look like you just stepped off the plane and got lei’d.
It’s time for a partial social media free weekend. Right after I put this post link up, I’ll be Facebook and Twitter free until Monday. I will write blog posts and blog hop (I miss reading my favorite blogs and need to catch up!). It is also very hard to ever tear myself away from Instagram (although it was really buggy last night and this morning).
Enjoy your weekend!