Happy Aloha Friday!
Do you have plans this weekend or are you just going with the flow? I think a combination of the two is the best. Having a thing or two planned but not being so over-scheduled you have no time to relax is the key to a happy and fulfilling weekend for me.
- Ono Mexican food and good company (fellow bloggers!) at Fernando’s in the Queen Kaahumanu Center.
- Go coconuts at the Niu Festival at the Grand Wailea.
- See one of my best friends, Jana, who is back home for a visit. I used to spend time with Jana on a weekly basis and feel her absence; my soul is just not the same without her.
- Visit Mark Tolliver for a chop chop and a chat chat. IMHO, he is the best hair stylist on the Valley Isle, a NICE guy and so positive I always leave his chair with an uplifted spirit.
- Sweep, vacuum and mop the floors. Moi Moi has been a constant presence in my casa and the dirt is flying.
- Catchup on Blogging Your Way 2.0! Only one more week and this awesome online course goes offline…until the next session.
- Work on my silent auction donor list for the Go Red for Women luncheon.
- Read, learn and implement a low glycemic diet. Through food journaling, I’ve concluded high glycemic foods are causing headaches and worse for my neglected bod. I’ve got a doctor’s appointment in about a week and a half to go over my blood sugar test but in the meantime I’m going to do whatever I can to feel the best I can.
- And my usual…swim with the rubber duckie in the back yard lap pool and walk the Wailea path with its gorgeous ocean view.
- Makawao’s Friday Town Party, the theme is Red, White and Blues this month. Enjoy live entertainment, ono grindz and art in one of the coolest towns on Maui.
- Get down…and bon dance at the Kahului Hongwanji. See the full bon dance schedule by island at Hawaii Island Life.
- Enjoy some delicious cuisine at Capische and support Grow Some Good projects which includes garden-based learning and nutrition curriculum for our schools.