DRIFTWOOD, the latest addition to Makawao, is now open! As I stepped out of the rain and over their threshold, I knew immediately that DRIFTWOOD was moving to the top of my must shop Maui list.
Ten reasons to get your shop on at DRIFTWOOD:
- Bohemian + Modern + Luxury for living and wearing.
- The shop interior will inspire your own decorating mojo with its perfectly layered mix of metals, wood and textiles.
- Handcrafted bags with fringe by KiVARi, an Australian line I’ve been lusting over on Instagram for months. I almost did a Snoopy happy dance when I spotted all the style and color options. Needless to say, I did not make it out of DRIFTWOOD KiVARiless (a black fringed foldover clutch, thank you very much).
- Acacia Bikinis by Maui’s own Naomi Newirth and her bestie Lyndie Irons. Acacia’s suits are a fusion of the low-cut Italian bikini and Brazilian fit combined with amazing prints and strategic cut outs. Their suits exude glamour but with a relaxed beach vibe. My bestie and shopping partner couldn’t resist, she snapped up a two piece.
- Chunky jewelry that is living crystal proof that organic shapes and natural materials make the best statement pieces. Spotted – rings by Almeria Designs and sundial watches by Pandeia, both Maui lines.
- A well edited offering of neutral ready to wear in soft fabrics. Sexy minimalism at its best including one of my favorite knitwear and T lines, LNA.
- On trend rompers, kimono jackets, distressed cutoffs and not for wallflowers sunnies.
- An accessory & shoe wall! Koolaburra! Nuff said.
- Edibles and serving implements that will have your guests oohing, aahing and mmmm. Cutting boards by Foundwood and serving spoons by Canvas Home. Ono Hawaii farm goodies from Maui Preserved and Monkeypod Jams. Also a tempting assortment of gorgeous glassware, appetizer flatware and stirrers.
- Rugs, throw pillows, canvas totes, dream catchers and shell vessels for a modern home with unique global touches.
Owner Carrie Gebb says “I love fashion and home decor so much that I wanted to turn my hobby into a career. My aim is to help women look and feel their best and surround themselves with things they admire, making them feel confident and powerful.” Gebb is also the owner of the award-winning Paragon Salon, also in Makawao.
Driftwood Now Open at 1152 Makawao Avenue, 10 AM to 6 PM.
Grand Opening Celebration on Sunday, May 3rd, 2015 (10% discount)
All images courtesy of DRIFTWOOD.