Take A Picture…Toys & Joys

by Tania Ginoza on January 8, 2013 · 16 comments

The joy of Momiji dolls…

momiji with bubbles

Momiji began in a small village in England, Warwickshire. What started as a set of 12 dolls has grown to multiple collections that include holiday themed and collaborations with designers and artists across the globe. Momiji are message dolls with a space on the very bottom for a little slip of paper containing good wishes for its recipient.

“Momiji is inspired by friendship and little kindnesses. It’s about filling life with memories and messages.” ~Momiji

They are irresistible and addictive. You can’t stop at one. Each doll comes in her own brightly colored box endorsed with her name and a list of things that make her happy.

Silly Billy is a berry beauty who loves camping, fresh air, green green grass, mascara and getting muddy. Poppet knows the place where the rainbows shine and likes post cards and playing the kazoo.

On the bottom of each box, there is a disclosure that Momiji is not a toy. These dolls may not be a toy per se but they definitely bring out the joyful girl in me.

Momiji is available at Paper Garden and Hallmark at the Queen Ka’ahumanu Center and at Love Momiji.

If you’ve joined in this week’s prompt, please add your specific post link below by the inlinkz frog. You have one week to add your link.

If you are new to our linkup and would like to join in, the guidelines are here.

Mahalo to everyone who participated in last week’s Hope prompt.

Here’s a peek at prompts for the next few weeks.

1/16/13 – Where I Create

1/23/13 – Up

1/30/13 – H2O

Laurie January 8, 2013

Oh my are those cute or what! I love them. Will definitely have to look at them some more! Adorable.

Tania Ginoza January 9, 2013

So cute. I never checked if there was a tea themed but I wouldn’t be surprised.

another jennifer January 9, 2013

Oh my gosh, I love these! I may have to order some for myself. This is why I love your blog, Tania. I discover neat things like Momiji!

I originally didn’t think I had a good photo for today’s prompt, but I realized that my WW photo of my 4yo son’s picture of a “christmas tree house” shows what gives me joy – seeing mys sons’ creativity flow and grow. His intention was to draw a big house with a flat roof. At the end he added the spikes on the side to make it also look like a Christmas tree. So fun!

Tania Ginoza January 9, 2013

Thanks Jenn! I had the mamas like you in mind when I picked this week’s prompt :-) I have my own toys to but the kid shots are really the best.

lisacng @ expandng.com January 9, 2013

These are absolutely adorable figurines with such joyous messages attached to them. I’ve never seen them before. Thanks for the intro! And how did you get the reflection beneath the dolls? So very cool, great work!

Tania Ginoza January 9, 2013

I used ipiccy. The frames has a reflection option and you can adjust how opaque the reflection is.

Ann January 9, 2013

Cool! I have never seen these before they are neat!

I will be back to link up. I have tons of inspiration around here for this one ; )

Tania Ginoza January 9, 2013

I had the mamas in mind when I did this week’s prompt :-)

Jen January 9, 2013

Wait…a minute. These cute little dolls are NOT made in Japan? Wait…no ways. This is from a small town in England? That’s awesome.

I love the message behind this dolls. I would totally buy this for a friend. I think it’s the perfect cute (kawaii) gift. You find the cutest things, Tania. That’s why I think you are so cool.

Tania Ginoza January 13, 2013

Thanks Jen, I think you’re cool too globe trotting girl. I was surprised too but it was interesting to read up on their backstory.

kathy @ vodka and soda January 12, 2013

eeee!!!! those are SO cute!!!

Tania Ginoza January 13, 2013

I know, right?

Angelia Sims January 13, 2013

Oh my goodness! They are just darling. I love the sentiment behind the creation. I must get me one for my desk. Too cute. :-) And I promise….I won’t play with it. Lol.

Tania Ginoza January 13, 2013

Ha ha, I know they don’t want any small children choking on the momiji but I did laugh when I read the “I am not a toy” on the box.