Take A Picture…Paper

by Tania Ginoza on December 18, 2012 · 18 comments

Sshhh, I’ll let you in on a little secret. I’m not crafty. I can’t turn paint, a ball of twine and a wad of styrofoam into something awesome (emphasis on awe). I’m more like a curator of the artsy and crafty world. I do enjoy playing with paper from time to time but keep things sweet and simple.

Supplies:

Square origami paper, 6″ or 4.5″, in a festive print

Shipping tags from the office supply store

Elmer’s Craft Bond Glue Pen or other craft glue of your choice

Stickers or a stick on embellishment (I used American Crafts Pebbles Crystal Candy Dots from the scrapbook section of Ben Franklin)

Fold a simple origami Christmas tree. Here’s a link to instructions for an easy peasy tree. I folded the base up in the last step as I preferred a simple triangle with no tree stump.

Glue down the paper flaps on the back, then glue the tree to the tag at an angle. Add your stick on bling as the tree topper.

Super easy, right? Even a craft challenged blogger can do it.

For another great paper tree project, check out my bloggy friend Ann’s pine tree ornament post, also made with origami paper. We wish you an origami Christmas!

If you’ve joined in this week’s prompt, please add your specific post link below by the inlinkz frog. You have one week to add your link.

If you are new to our linkup and would like to join in, the guidelines are here.

Mahalo to everyone who participated in last week’s Good Fortune.

Here’s a peek at prompts for the next few weeks.

12/26/12 – My Holiday

1/2/13 – Hope

1/9/13 – Toys & Joys

Jen December 18, 2012

Girl! What are you talking about….you are totally crafty. I mean, look at these wonderful gift tags. I need to try this. Maybe next christmas. I pinned this to remind me to make them next Christmas. Thanks for sharing! I wish I could give something in return….

Tania December 19, 2012

Thanks Jen and it’s pretty easy. You could do some while watching netflix.

another jennifer December 19, 2012

Cute tag! I think that looks pretty crafty.

I know what you mean though. I’m creative and all, but I destroy craft projects!

I went with a wrapping paper pic this week since I’ve been wrapping a lot of presents lately. Happy Holidays!

Tania December 19, 2012

Same here, creative but not crafty, more of an idea gal.

Ihilani December 19, 2012

Awwww these are so cute! You don’t have to design an entire village out of paper to be crafty. These are adorable. I know what you meant about it being therapeutic too. It’s nice to do something repetitive with your hands, especially when the result is this adorable.

Sorry I haven’t participated in the photo challenge in a while. I want to get back on it. I have so much going on in my head right now. Need to clear the mental clutter.

Tania December 19, 2012

No worries! It’ll be there for you when you’re ready or if a particular prompt calls to ya.

Thanks, I’m so glad you liked them because you are quite crafty yourself.

Ann December 19, 2012

These are really nice tree tags! I am definitely going to make some. My kids really appreciate handmade things : )
And thanks for the mention!

Tania December 19, 2012

Thanks Ann, I think you always have such great ideas (for kids and adults!).

lisacng @ expandng.com December 19, 2012

I think you can call yourself crafty now! Very good job. I love the bling! I don’t do much with tags, just try to remember who the gift is for ;).

Tania December 19, 2012

Thanks! I love making tags and have a bad memory :-)

lisacng @ expandng.com December 20, 2012

You’re funny!

Jt Clough | Maui Dog Remedies December 21, 2012

Mahalo for the inspiration.

So now I’m reading books again (something I love but haven’t done in a long time)… and I used to make things like this too.

Love your blog Girl!

Tania December 23, 2012

So, what are you reading? Inquiring minds want to know. I’m currently making my way through Toby Neal’s Hawaii mystery crime series on the Kindle before bed, Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can’t Stand Positive Thinking via audio book on the commute and a bunch of small space/design history books when I’m feeling a bit visual.

I can’t wait to see some crafting. (we should have a Maui Social Media craft party)

Elinor Gawel (Eli) December 22, 2012

I think you are moving quickly from merely creative to crafty. But you are not really and truly crafty until you are covered in glue and there are paper pieces everywhere. At least that’s my experience.

Tania December 23, 2012

Aww, thanks. I used to be a heavy user of rubber stamps in the early 90s covered in ink, glitter and rubber cement. Does that count?