Take A Picture…My Holiday

by Tania Ginoza on December 25, 2012 · 8 comments

I wish you well if you sing in a choir, meditate under a fig tree or light a menorah.  I wish you well if you follow Jesus, praise Allah or are an atheist.  I don’t care about the gender of the love of your life, your native language or the color of your skin.  I wish you well.  My holiday season from Thanksgiving to the New Year is about shorter days, family time and the passing of one year into the next.  My holiday season is about feeling gratitude, being kind and tolerant.  My holiday is not about judgment, perceived superiority and exclusion.  My holiday is welcoming but owned by none.

Wishing you, all of you, a joyful holiday season with love and aloha.

Choir

If you’ve joined in this week’s prompt, please add your specific post link below by the inlinkz frog. You have one week to add your link.

If you are new to our linkup and would like to join in, the guidelines are here.

Mahalo to everyone who participated in last week’s Paper prompt.

Here’s a peek at prompts for the next few weeks.

1/2/13 – Hope

1/9/13 – Toys & Joys

1/16/13 – Where I Create

Elinor Gawel (Eli) December 25, 2012

Got to agree!

another jennifer December 26, 2012

Love this post, Tanya. I feel the same way.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday. Mine was great, even if it did mean having to bring my neighbor to the ER in the middle of the day!

Tania December 26, 2012

Oh no! I hope he’s ok.

I’m glad you had a great day even with that hiccup.

lisacng @ expandng.com December 26, 2012

Love your description of “the holidays”! It makes me feel less sad that the opening of presents is over (so shallow) and that we won’t see our family for a month or two :(. Your description reminds that its the spirit of the holidays – giving, gratitude, etc – that should last us for the rest of the year and as we look forward to an even better new year. Great photo, as I said on IG! Nice set up!!!

Tania December 26, 2012

Thank you Lisa!

I feel a bit sad when the holidays are over too because I love this time of year, always have. Although we should try to see our families throughout the year I do think holidays are great markers to ensure we do so.

noreen December 26, 2012

hello tania,
i wish you all the same! joy and love. i’m going to check out your photo prompt. i’m a teacher, so am really busy during the school year, but might join if i can. happy wednesday! n

Tania December 26, 2012

Joy & love to you too Noreen!

I try to leave the prompts very open so if you have a pic and blog post that will fit nicely please share. You don’t need to post it on the same day I do, you have an entire week to link up.

My whole family is teachers btw, except for me, so I have a lot of love for educators.