Take a Picture…Black & White

by Tania Ginoza on December 5, 2012 · 17 comments

I like how old this looks.  It could pass for an old picture that was pulled out of a box in someone’s home, slightly crumpled up and forgotten. This is a shot of my unused Holga camera. I ordered it last year during a Lomography obsessed moment and have since been too hesitant to shoot in film.  I’m too nervous! What can I say; I’m a digital girl in a digital world.  I’ll likely resort to ordering a Diana and Holga effects lens for my Canon DSLR so I can delete and re-take shots to my heart’s content.

If you’ve joined in this week’s prompt, please add your specific post link below by the inlinkz frog.  You have one week to add your link.

If you are new to our linkup and would like to join in, the guidelines are here.

Mahalo to everyone who participated in last week’s The Aftermath of Thanksgiving.

I’m doing something a bit different this week.  I’m giving you the prompts for the remainder of December.  As the holiday season is in full swing, I want you to take advantage of any photo ops that come your way.

And away we go…

12/12/12 – Good Fortune

12/19/12 – Paper

12/26/12 – My Holiday

another jennifer December 5, 2012

I love black and white photography. You are right that your pic looks old. Love it. Maybe you’ll use the camera some day! (I’m not sure what to do with a film camera either.)

This week, I used a photo that I took of items we found in our yard when we were building our patio this summer. Our house was built in 1892, so it was interesting to see what was dug up!

Thanks for the prompts early. I think I already have a good one for next week!

Tania December 5, 2012

I can’t wait to hop over tonight!

So cool that your home has history.

lisacng @ expandng.com December 5, 2012

Girl, shoot with the Holga! My hubby has a Canon, film, and I’ve tinkered with shooting with it for a bit, just to see what happens! Anywho, tks for the prompts. I’ve written them down!

Tania December 5, 2012

I like how the color comes out with film (not my own experience of course but when I see photographer shots).

Have you ever browsed lomography’s picture galleries? Pretty cool stuff.

lisacng @ expandng.com December 6, 2012

I actually don’t know much about lomography, but I’ll google it. Tks!

Tania December 17, 2012

Don’t forget to check out their galleries. You’ll love it camera girl.

Laurie December 5, 2012

Tania, Love the photo. I have to look up the Holga camera. I don’t know anything about them. But, I like the way it looks!
Thanks for the early prompts.

Tania December 5, 2012

Go to lomography.com. They have old style “toy” cameras including Holga and Diana plus a lot more. They also have a community where they post pics. You’ll love it, I can browse there for hours.

Jt Clough | Maui Dog Remedies December 5, 2012

Love that photo. I’m fully an iPhone capture-er though but it made think about using some of my filters to post some photos with this look to them.
Much Aloha to you!

Tania December 5, 2012

I shot this with a phone app and then messed around with it in iPiccy to change it to B&W. It did look very vintage in color but even more so when played in iPiccy.

You might like old camera and the vintage camera apps.

Much Aloha to you too!

Shalagh Hogan December 5, 2012

Hey Tania,
So funny because I’m a film girl all the way. I’m now stuck between worlds as my Pentax K-1000 developed a ghost in the machine and went to the dump. I covet peoples’ fancy digitals but can’t seem to afford or want them enough. And my point and shoot is functional but not optimal. I joined the linky thing I think with the right theme. Thanks for posting them ahead of time so we can write them down.
Love,
Shalagh

Tania December 5, 2012

I had no interest in cameras until recently so I never really had a film camera growing up except for some doggie pics on an advantix.

I’m using to taking loads of pics and deleting a bunch as I’m learning so I can’t imagine just taking maybe 24 shot, paying to process and possibly risking they all suck :-) Once I feel more experienced I’ll give it a try. But I’ll read up on Holga real well first and think very hard about my composition before I press the button!

I’ve been thinking I should give the prompts out for several weeks. It’s easier for you all right? I have a whole list so I usually know what’s coming up.

Ann December 5, 2012

Love your round photo! And now you really have to use that camera and share results!!! Hope mine is close enough to back and white. I could resist the colors of the sky : )

Tania December 17, 2012

Your post was beautiful Ann, thank you for participating.