One of the things I love about long walks is the wide variety of plants I see like this Hong Kong orchid tree. Isn’t it gorgeous?
For the past few weeks, I’ve been rising before the sun to drop off da BF at the Lahaina boat harbor on selected days. He was renovating condos and needed to catch the first ferry of the day. This was the view that graced my lucky we live Maui eyes as I headed back over the pali as the sun came up.
One of my favorite buy local gift picks is handcrafted pieces from Haiku potter, Valerie Mizner of Peahi Pottery. I selected this stack of dishes from the Haleakala Waldorf School Holiday Faire a few weeks ago. You can also find her work at Maui Hands. The only complaint I have is it is so hard to give any of these away. You can see more Peahi pottery in my gift wrap post from last holiday season and my recent post on the Proteas of Hawaii gift shop
I forgot to post my purchases during the mindful consumption challenge in November. So, let’s take care of that right now (cringe):
- $4 on a Kindle book by Hawaii mystery writer Toby Neal
- $150 on birthday and holiday gifts
- $100 on jewelry for moi from Tiffany Chou and Rockabella Jewels (Black Friday specials)
- $29 on a cowl neck Stylemint T with long sleeves (I forgot to “pass” for the month)
- $32 on a Portionware to go food container set
- $78 on a haircut
- $35 on a new wireless keyboard for the day job
- $150 for art and beaded bracelets from the silent auction at the Go Red for Women event
Did I resist anything? Yes! Glad you asked. I avoided getting sucked in by the iPad Mini hysteria and am still happily toting around my first generation iPad. I also held back on a Composer lens from LensBaby and a fill flash. I still have the photog items on my want list but can wait until next year. My resolve was also maintained during various online sales that flooded my in box all November.
Sigh, I think that’s enough confessing for now. Have a great week everyone!