Modern Holiday Cards…

by Tania Ginoza on December 6, 2012 · 18 comments

mix one groovy card

with a happy holiday wish

ice with love & aloha

=happy happy joy joy

12 day greeting card by the indigo bunting

erin jang, a NYC graphic designer & illustrator

available at paperless post

put a bird on it

winter greetings card by eggpress

available at modern paper goods

all images via merchants’ online shop

Angelia Sims December 7, 2012

These are adorable! Very creative and what a great way to remember all 12 days. :-)

Tania December 17, 2012

Thanks Ang!

lisacng @ expandng.com December 7, 2012

I love modern, clean, simple cards! I loved ones from Target, Papyrus, and Barnes & Noble. Alan and I had different tastes — he was more traditional. So I guess it’s a good thing that after we had J, we feel compelled (and want to!) send a photo card of the family. No need to argue anymore ;).

Tania December 17, 2012

I love Barnes & Noble too. It is a really great place to buy all things paper, not just books.

The ex pup daddy and I used to do a photo card too so I didn’t buy cards other than my immediate family for many years. It was a big challenge each year to decide where we were going to shoot. We even shot in a cactus garden one year!

kathy December 10, 2012

i love clean, simple cards! however, i make my own cards because i’m too cheap to buy them LOL

Tania December 17, 2012

I’ve been known to diy my cards too. I was heavy into rubber stamping, glitter and scrapbooking scissors in the 90s! I also used to like to insert my own poems. I think a blog post of your cards is in order :-)

Marilyn December 12, 2012

Tania, I’m always open to new inspiration and design ideas. Love the tree. I’m getting ready to create some new ideas myself so now I can sleep on these… Thanks for sharing. I need more though

Tania December 17, 2012

I love your handmade cards Marilyn. I think you should do a class for all of us ;-)

Elinor Gawel (Eli) December 15, 2012

And I just wrote on AMauiblog that I don’t get stressed out about Christmas. How could I forget the cards and how I stress out about it? I missed last year entirely so I’m in big trouble if I miss again. Some people don’t even have our new address so it’s double trouble. Thanks for the reminder (I think) BTW cute cards, Maybe the tree with bird would be a good choice.

Tania December 17, 2012

I saw a lot of cute cards on sale at Longs if you’re looking for a Hawaii theme. I don’t give as much cards out as I used to but I still buy a few each year so I have a good collection on hand. This year I also found some great ones at Pier One that benefit Unicef.

DzinePOD December 17, 2012

We love these cards! Very clean and graphic… and hip. Thanks for sharing!

Tania December 17, 2012

Thanks for stopping by! Glad ya enjoyed these picks.

Toby Neal December 17, 2012

I love graphics as art and I can see that you do too. The essence of style!
Aloha
Toby

Tania December 17, 2012

Thank you! I think you have great style too. I’d love to learn how to make my own graphics. So much things to learn, so little time.

Chris December 27, 2012

These are great! I love cards that are different from the regular blah holiday cards. Very stylish. Thanks for sharing!

Tania December 27, 2012

Thanks for stopping by Chris!

Courtney - Maui Jungalow January 8, 2013

Sweet! Here’s my belated comment (oh and did I wish you Merry xmas?) If not, consider it a wish for next year.

Tania Ginoza January 8, 2013

Happy holidays to you too Courtney! I hope you had a wonderful season and I wish you a completely awesome and fabulous 2013.