Kula Flowers…

by Tania Ginoza on November 19, 2012 · 9 comments

Friday was a mad rush for me.  Silent auction set-up, work and donation item pick-ups upcountry, central and on the south side filled my calendar.  As I reached Kula Lodge for a pick-up around noon, I decided to take a breather to stop and shoot the flowers (or succulents that look like flowers!).

Did you know that happy people take pleasure in the little things?  It decreases stress and helps us to be optimistic and grateful.  I think we should all stop and appreciate the flowers whenever we have the opportunity.

How was your weekend?

lisacng @ expandng.com November 19, 2012

I love the geometry in succulents…and also that they’re uber easy to care for ;). Glad you were able to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. From IG I could see it was a big event, great job, hope you enjoyed the fruits of your labor. We tried and failed to take a family photo for our holiday card :(. Had an awesome playdate though!

Tania November 19, 2012

I was tempted to pick up a few succulents at the fair, after seeing this gorgeous one and now that you mention they are easy to care for, I will the next time! I agree, love the symmetry.

Aww, I’m sure you’ll think of something for the family photo.

Shalagh Hogan November 19, 2012

These are beautiful shots Tania. I purchased and bummed multiple succulents this year. Because you can’t kill them or so I’ve been told.

Tania November 20, 2012

This succulent was huge Shalagh, the size of a serving platter. I’ve only seen little ones before. I was looking at some during the fair but I didn’t know much about them. If they are black thumb (me) proof, I may pick up one or two the next time I see them available.

Jen November 19, 2012

I was watching your instagram during your silent action setup. Beautiful. I love all the reds/pinks. I wish I was there.

The crazier my life gets, the easier I find myself appreciating all the small things in life. For example, while driving in traffic (which I’m often upset in the car), when I see a rainbow…it’s as if my happiness switch kicks in. If my life wasn’t so stressful, I don’t think I would care about rainbows that much.

Great shots. Those classes are doing so well for you. I can’t wait until you start showing me tutorials on your blog.

Tania November 20, 2012

Have you tried podcasts or audio books in the car? I find I’m much more patient than with music. Of course I’m not in Honolulu traffic either/

Thanks! These shots were taken on instagram on my iphone! I just didn’t use the framing.

another jennifer November 20, 2012

So pretty. And, yes, we do need to stop and smell the flowers every now and then. Thanks for the reminder!

Tania November 20, 2012

If I hadn’t stopped and taken a moment to walk around a bit, I would have completely missed these!

Laurie November 20, 2012

I’ve never seen the last plant before. So pretty.