Give Thanks…

by Tania Ginoza on November 22, 2012 · 9 comments

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving…

I am thankful for the people who love me, the food on my table and the roof over my head.

How will you be celebrating Thanksgiving today?  I’ll be spending the day with my immediate family at home.  I’m crossing my fingers for rain because Maui has been in a drought and could use the rainfall. I’d also welcome a day in with a book and hot chocolate.

Consider avoiding the crowds at your local big box and supporting small business this weekend like MonkiVintage from Portland, Maine.  Monki Vintage has a great eye for timeless design with their mid-century and Scandinavian picks sourced throughout the northeast.  I love these vintage plastic pin back letters for my home office mood board which are also available in Boo and Be Merry.  They currently have a wonderful selection of vintage holiday decor and dish ware including hand painted wooden figures.  Browsing their etsy shop with an expresso from home is so much more civilized than fighting the crowds at WalMart, don’t you think?

Amy Giacomelli creates these wonderful polymer clay sculptures from her studio in Colorado and makes them available to you in her etsy shop, SkyeArt.  Each piece is organically shaped and brings a message for the holidays or an I Love You, making her art the perfect decor, cake topping or gift.  SkyeArt also has ornaments as you start to decorate your home this season.

Stop by tomorrow for my thoughts on Black Friday and ways that you can support Small Business Saturday including a few of my local picks.

Jen November 22, 2012

Happy thanksgiving, girl! Thanks for your FB message. Hopefully, I’ll start having AH-maizng hair!

Take care…be merry….eat a lot….don’t think about the calories….and have fun with your friends and family.

Tania November 25, 2012

Didn’t you hear? Calories consumed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years don’t count.

another jennifer November 23, 2012

I love that one of your Etsy finds is from Portland, ME! I will definitely check them out. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Tania!

Tania November 25, 2012

I love just about everything in their shop! I was a bit too late on black friday, there were a few holiday tabletop wooden pieces I had my eye on and they’re gone :-( Happy etsy shopping!

Courtney - Maui Jungalow November 23, 2012

Maui Meadows has been in a drought, but Haiku has been wet! Since 11/5 to a few days ago… lotsa rain. If only we could send some of it your way.

Tania November 25, 2012

One of the reasons I love Haiku is how much rain you get. The mold isn’t fun but sitting on the porch of the cottages amongst all that green with a cup of tea or hot cocoa is tempting.

Maui Meadows rarely rains so we welcome it when it pours. Except during construction! When my home was being constructed, we had one of the wettest winters ever, of course.

lisacng @ expandng.com November 26, 2012

Great idea to buy local! I need to start scoping out Etsy :)

Tania November 27, 2012

Etsy is great for home stuff. Cute kids stuff too. There are some really great knitters as well (since you can wear all that lovely winter stuff).

Tiffanie December 3, 2012