Obsessed with West Elm…Da Holiday Season

by Tania Ginoza on October 22, 2012 · 11 comments

One of the things I enjoy the most about West Elm is their holiday home accessories category.  As we head into the holiday season, I find myself, once again, loving nearly every single piece.

A spooky skull candle fits my decor all year round but for the less skullish of you, this is the perfect way to dine by candlelight on Halloween.

These gorgeous stoneware dessert plates are part of a collaboration collection with Vermont ceramist Laura Zindel and are perfect for serving yummy pumpkin crunch to your loved ones on Thanksgiving.

This little owl will make a wonderful addition to any tree.

Small space with no room for a tree?  How about a wonderfully simple version for your wall in wood?

What’s your favorite site or shop to get ready for the holiday season?

All images via West Elm.

lisacng @ expandng.com October 23, 2012

My fave of your picks are the cute fuzzy owl and the small wooden tree. Great idea, whether the home is big or small! We’re actually getting a real tree this year! It’s been 2 yrs since we’ve had one. We hope J enjoys it!

Tania October 23, 2012

Ditto on the tree. I’m thinking it’d be cool in an office too.

I’m ok not having a tree too. I’m part Danish so actually enjoy just putting out little tabletop wooden holiday scenes with handmade wooden pieces from Denmark or Germany. Butmy BF bought a little artificial with lights so I guess we’ll pull that again :-)

I think J will enjoy the tree! It’s part of being a kid,right? Plus decorating it as a family would be fun too.

Jen October 23, 2012

I’m loving the skull candles. It may seem morbid, but I find it intriguing. I don’t know why. I’m not one of those weirdo, but in a tasteful way Skulls can be chic! I’m still in love with my skull scarf.

Anyways, I think that owl is a MUST on your next christmas tree. It’s so cute! Is it just me or does it look like a furby? I hear that toy is making a comeback.

Tania October 23, 2012

I love skull objects but not the type that are in materials that look like real skulls (like some Halloween decorations). I like candles, natural gem stones carved into skulls and metal skull jewelry.

I forgot all about furbys, now that you mention it yeah a little bit. I love the owl ornament too. I’m debating about whether to order some handmade wooden ornaments this year. To behonest I can’t remember what my ornaments are. Thank goodness for the blog, I can just look back in my posts to see what I already have!

kai October 23, 2012

hi, just wanted to say thank you (months late) for stopping by my blog via sopupuka and reading my post. LOVE all the wonderful things you post about maui, seriously a beautful island. stop by anytime. i’ll be checking in on yours too, to see all the eye candy maui has:) thanks again.

jkplove.blogspot.com

Tania October 23, 2012

Thanks so much Kai and mahalo for stopping by and the kind words. No worries, I get behind on blog hopping too (there are so many great ones). I’ll be bye real soon.

Aloha!

Laurie October 23, 2012

Love all of it from the skulls to the owl!

Tania October 23, 2012

Thanks! I want to live in the West Elm holiday gift section, seriously. I’m usually very grinchy but I’m now feeling quite excited about getting all domestic this year :-)

Tina Ramchandani October 25, 2012

West Elm does have some great things this season. I adore the skull candle, I picked it as one of my Halloween favorites in today’s Design Spotlights!

Tania October 28, 2012

I just got my skull candle! For me, it woudn’t just be for Halloween (kind of a skull loving girl year round).

Tiffanie November 14, 2012

West Elm has been on my radar a little more since I attended an Etsy event at one last spring. They do have some lovely things, will be curious to see what their Christmastime offerings are.